31.1.09

COMPILATION

Yeeeaah. So I got it in my head that I wanted to put out some of my friends bands stuff. Now heaps of people say they'd like to do that, including me, but I devised myself a wee test. I wanted to put a compilation together to be ready for "sale" by the time me and my friends were playing this show on the 24th. I wanted to make 50 copies and put them in big envelopes with a logo on the front and a sheet of paper with relevant details.

So I devised a dreamy working bee with the promise of pizza and a good deal of um.. "marijuana" and so my nice friends certainly came and helped me fold paper and burn CD's, a damn good idea. Ugh I keep not reading what I'm typing so I'm not sure if what I'm typing is right.

Anyyyway, it was a great success and the track list for MUTESHAKE: WON is as follows:
1) Extrafoxx - Winter
2) Marl Karx - Claus
3) Bone XY Ster - Bonster
4) Loomer - Thunder
5) Deux Garcons - Fake Names
6) Secret Birds - Doom Master

So of the 50 we sold 26 at the show for a dollar apiece which gave me enough money to buy mixers for the sweet booze that got me and my friends drunk after the show. If you want a copy of MUTESHAKE:WON y'know, for posterity's sake then find some way to contact any of the bands on the comp or I don't know if you can message me through this blog, but if you can I'll totally give you one. ONE DOLLAR.

Now that I know stuff like this is entirely possible I'm going to start pushing towards actual releases but I'd really prefer to get involved with vinyl/mp3 as opposed to CD-R's but as you know, that's money that I don't have all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment